Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Earth Book - Todd Parr

Little Brown & Co., 2010
32 pages - one is a folded poster that can be detached
$9.99
ages 2-5
Thick cardboard cover with cut-out circle in the center
"Printed on recycled paper with nontoxic soy inks"

I really enjoy Todd Parr's simple messages and trademark drawings that somewhat remind me of Keith Haring's art. This book tells of the many ways each and every one of us can do our part ot help protect the earth. It's the perfect way to share this now-common knowledge with little ones. And it's a great reminder for us "bigger"ones that we really can do our part. Shut off the water, bring our own bags to the store, ride bikes, turn off the lights, recycle...and even write on both sides of the paper.

His dedication:
"To my mom and dad, for putting me on earth.
To Liz and Gerry for going to Las Vegas and to Megan for asking me if I had ever though about writing children's books." (Wouldn't you love to know what the Las Vegas refers to?)

No comments: