Sunday, December 8, 2013

MOVIE: Hunger Games: Catching Fire

PG-13 (2:26)
Widely released 11/22/2013 
RT Critic: 89 Audience: 93
cag:  2 / it was okay 
Directed by Francis Lawrence
Lionsgate Films
based on the book by Suzanne Collins

Actors: Jennifer Lawrence, Woody Harrelson, Donald Sutherland, Liam Hemsworth

Rotten Tomatoes:  THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE begins as Katniss Everdeen has returned home safe after winning the 74th Annual Hunger Games along with fellow tribute Peeta Mellark. Winning means that they must turn around and leave their family and close friends, embarking on a "Victor's Tour" of the districts. Along the way Katniss senses that a rebellion is simmering, but the Capitol is still very much in control as President Snow prepares the 75th Annual Hunger Games (The Quarter Quell) - a competition that could change Panem forever.

My comments:  I really liked the Hunger Games book, and enjoyed the movie.  I did not like the story of Catching Fire very much, and that feeling didn't change with the viewing of this movie.  The story paralleled the book quite well, I think,  but it wasn't one of those two-plus hour movies that flew by.  The main characters were very watchable, very likable (Woody Harrelson was really good), the movie was good. Okay.  It dragged in places.  My opinion, only.  I will go see the third movie when it comes out, but I liked the third book even less than the second, so I'm not "dying" to see it....

No comments: